My Second Birthday





I turned two years old today and I’m having a great time!

My favorite words right now are “la-la” (water), “baby,” and “yuck.”

Like a lot of girls my age, I like to have a routine. Right after bath time, when my sister Ippi and I have got our pajamas on, Daddy brushes our hair. It’s my job to hold the de-tangler spray.

At bedtime, I like to have my la-la, maybe a doll or two, an empty pillow case for my head, and three blankets.

Every morning, when I get up, everyone else in the family sits on the couch and slowly wakes up. Not me. I like to get my day going right away. I play with dolls or look at some books or do puzzles.

I really like puzzles. I spent a lot of time on an alphabet one. But I like just about any of them. Sometimes, I do one while Daddy reads us bedtime stories. 

I'm growing bigger every day, so while I'm still relatively small, I try to get inside stuff that I will be too big for later. 


But I also just like to practice hiding.



Although I do like being inside unusual places, it's not the same when it's someone else's idea.


There's just something about trying to fit inside things that most people wouldn't think of. 


However, I have noticed that this unusual pastime of mine sometimes interferes with some of my other favorite pastimes. Such as eating. 


Food is great. When it's time for food, I don't mess around. If you happen to eat with me, you might think of me as being kind of a pig. But I think of myself as more of a chipmunk. It's all about how much I can store in my cheeks. 



Eating is a lot of work. There have been times when I have actually fallen asleep on the job. 


I also like to garden.



And once a year, I put in a round of golf with Hyland. 


I also like books. 


I'm not sure what they say yet.


But I'm looking forward to figuring it out. 


I love my family. My sister Ippi and I hang out a lot. She encourages my unique sense of style. 


My cousin Caleb is a lot of fun. He's a little taller than me, but we get along great. 


My Aunt Julie had to have foot surgery this year. So I visited her to help her feel better. 


Grandma is really good at playing the piano. 



She let me play her very nice grand piano. 


Daddy is pretty okay too. He has tea parties with me. He also helps a little with my blog. 


Mommy is amazing. She is all kinds of cool. She teaches me all kinds of things. Like how to make cookies, how to draw stuff, and how to chill at a table and look cool. 


She also helps me when I need to have a more refined style.


I love being a little sister. But I also found out I'm going to be a big sister too! 



Sisters are great. 



Ippi and I get along really well. Sometimes, she likes to wrestle. I don’t like it as much as she does. We chase each other around the house. When we’re driving somewhere, sometimes I make spitting noises and Ippi just thinks that’s hilarious.

I love to help Mommy makes cookies or pancakes. She lets Ippi and I stand on stools and do some of the mixing. I also like to cook in our little kitchen. I will often go to Mommy or Daddy, take them by the finger and say, “Cook-cook.” I take them to the little kitchen and put food in and add spices and taste stuff and say “Mmmm!”

When it’s time for real dinner, Mommy sends me to get Daddy. I got to his office and lead him by the hand. I like to make sure he finds his chair before I go to mine.

I like a lot of different kinds of food. Even vegetables. I eat spaghetti by wadding up a bunch of it in one hand and then cramming it in all at once. I tend to fill my mouth until it’s completely full, just in case it’s the last bite.

Chocolate is one of my favorites. When Daddy has left for work and Mommy is trying to get some things done, I will often use this as an opportunity to make sure we have enough chocolate in the house. I will often test the chocolate to make sure it’s still good.  

I help Mommy unload the dishwasher. I stand on the open door and hand her cups and plates. When Daddy brings groceries from Walmart, I help unload and hand everything to Mommy to put away.

I am very interested in cell phones. Once, when Mommy, Daddy, and Ippi were in the other room, Daddy’s cell phone started ringing. He saw that it was Mommy’s cell phone trying to call him on Facetime. It was me. Just wanted to make sure it was working.

I like to pick flowers. Even the ones I’m not supposed to pick. I especially like dandelions. No one seems to mind if I pick those.

On my birthday, Mommy and Daddy took Ippi and I to the Butterfly Pavillion! There were butterflies everywhere! It was beautiful. 


I’ve made it a personal goal every year to do something big for my birthday. Last year, on my first birthday, I started walking a lot.

This year, right on my second birthday, I started talking a lot. I mean—a lot.

I’m still thinking about what to do for my third birthday. I'm thinking something big. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Third Birthday