My First Birthday



A bunch of my family came over. We were all just hanging out when suddenly, Mommy put me in my high chair and Daddy stuck a weird hat on my head.

I’m used to sitting in this particular spot, but this time I quickly realized something was different.

First, there was the hat of course.

Second, there were these amazing flowers in front of me.

Mommy made the flowers. She worked really hard on them and they were amazing.




Then everyone stood around the table and sang to me.

It was kind of strange.





Then Mommy stuck a candle in a flower and set it on fire.

I realize there are lots of things I still have to figure out about life, but this was a lot to take in all at once.


After Mommy blew the flower out, it was soon obvious to me, that on top of everything else, everyone was expecting me to eat the flower.

If I’m remembering correctly, up until this point, every time I’ve tried to eat a flower, either Mommy or Daddy stopped me and told me not to eat the flower. I have tried several times to try a dandelion, but every single time, the dandelion was removed from my grip.

So you can imagine I was a little confused. But I’m flexible. I eventually ate the flower. And it was everything I dreamed it would be. Now, I’m even more curious about what a dandelion might taste like.


I had a great time. I walked with Mommy to see everyone off. I’m still pondering the flower thing, but I think I know how it works. Maybe you can only eat flowers on your birthday. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Third Birthday